Monday, December 7, 2020

From East to West by Saddle is Best: A horseback journey across the Scottish Highlands - Claire Alldritt

From East to West By Saddle is Best - A horseback journey across the Scottish Highlands

Claire Alldritt, 2020

What started as an idea on maps spread out along the length of her kitchen floor, turned into a challenging journey over mountains, through glens and around lochs. Against the backdrop of stunning Highland scenery, Claire Alldritt made her way from the east coast of Scotland, journeying with her two horses, working her way across to the west to dip her toes in the Atlantic Ocean.

Often using old drovers’ roads and avoiding as much tarmac as she could, this is a story of exploration, trust and resilience mixed with insightful glances into the history of the land passed through. Claire’s journey shows the value of friends old and new (whether with four legs or two) written with lively imagination and humour as they make their way along the trail.

Saddle up and take a ride across the Highlands with Claire, Swift and Yogi!

What they are saying:

“It was a delight to read, beautifully descriptive, a good mix of humour, history, trials and tribulations, anxieties, how to overcome things, teamwork, talking horses and what a journey!”

“I've now got cold coffee; I didn’t even turn the TV on last night as I couldn’t put it down and I am often chuckling out loud. A great mix of anecdote, history, description, and discussion with horses.”

“I thought it would just be something for the interested horsey person, but I love it as a travel book. Some nice ingredients there - personal anecdotes, a lively bit of imagination and some travel description. I loved it!”

“I love your descriptiveness; I can visualize it well. It made me actually smell the pine trees! Lovely to see the horse’s characters coming through and I love that your horses ‘talk’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment